Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Halfway Point

We're six months into 2010 and I've been waiting for this milestone for a while so I could check in and see my progress on my 50 book challenge (as in 50 books in 52 weeks).

So far I'm at 36 books.

Anyone else doing a book challenge this year?
What is it and how are you doing?


Obviously, my goal is to finish off the year with 50 books, but I'm hoping to cushion that number a bit and I think I'm off to a good start. It's just a nice feeling to make a goal and succeed.

Mostly this year I've been reading Utah authors (it's amazing how many talented people live here!) but I've also splashed in some other great authors too. Take a look at my shelf below (it shows a handful). I'm on Goodreads as "Debbie Cranberryfries" and on Shelfari just as "Cranberry Fries".

Here's a list of books I've read.

*This is my second time doing this challenge, the first time around I read 107 books in 52 weeks.

Shelfari: Book reviews on your book blog

8 comments:

Kayla said...

I think my goal for the year is 60 books. I can't quite remember because that information is saved on the large paperweight sitting next to me that oddly resembles a computer. My count for the year is probably 37... I should really go see if I can get the old info exhumed from it's untimely resting place.

Keep up the good work Debbie!

If you want a good/fun suggestion try one of these:
Beautiful Creatures
The Season
Forbidden Sea
The Shifter
Dairy Queen

Barbaloot said...

My sister-in-law keeps telling me to read Fablehaven. I bought the first book the other day...we'll see if I start it soon.

How did you feel about Hourglass Door? I kind of hated it.

Jenni Elyse said...

Well, I wanted to read 35 books this year since last year I read 31. However, with school, I haven't read as many books as I've wanted to. During my break, though, I hope to read at least 10 books. So, we'll see how that goes.

Good job on keeping up with your goal!

Annette Lyon said...

Great challenge! I keep a running list of all the books I read each year, which is really fun to look back on. But it also helps me track how many I read each year.

As of today, I've read 34. Not too shabby!

Olivia Carter said...

Oh man, I've been plowing through books this year too- mostly thanks for audiobooks while I'm running, cleaning, driving sometime.

Congrats lady!

Rochelle Brunson said...

Wow, my goal looks pretty lame compared to everyone else, but I haven't really been a big reader for the last 15 years. I set the goal at a very attainable 12 books and hit that back in april or may. I think I'm at like 16 or 17 now. I feel silly after everyone else thirty-somethings.

H.K. said...

The summer of 2007, I read an average of 20 books a month...I had a lot of free time on my hands during that summer. I'm also a speed reader and can still comprehend what I read, but usually I average between 8 to 10 books a month.

Susan said...

Wow! Looks like you'll surpass your goal this year. I need to read more.