Thursday, October 28, 2010

First I was afraid. (The beginning of NaNoWriMo)

If there were ever any doubt this might just seal the deal that I am crazy. For the whole month of November I am going to be trying my darndest to write a lot of words. If you've never heard of NaNoWriMo before you can go read about it.


I first saw friends participating about two years ago, and obviously by then it was too late to get in on the action. Then last year we went on a big family vacation for a week and a half during Nov and I was pretty sure that meant I was missing out then too. So I thought well maybe this year.

Now it's here and I kept trying to tell myself there is just no way I could make it all work. I heard stories from friends about how TOTALLY crazy the month was (for them, their families, their houses cleanliness, etc). I'm not sure my family is ready for this. To take over what I will inevitably be lacking in November. I dont know how this will work. But you know what I thought?

Why not try?

I'm signed up and ready to go. If you're doing it to be my buddy! I'm, originally enough, Cranberryfries.

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great! It's going to be so much fun! This is year 5 for me and I enjoy myself every time!!! I'm setting up my Scrivener right now for NaNo 2010. :)

Feel free to friend me. Today's blog entry was about NaNo as well and I think I have a link... but I'm sure this will shock you terribly... I'm: ladyozma I know. Shocker. :)

Oh yeah, don't forget the #SOLIDARITY hash tag on twitter for your daily word count!

Write or Die!!!!!!

Kristina P. said...

Good luck! This holds absolutely zero appeal for me.

Anonymous said...

Congratulations! Way to go, Debbie! I'm so happy for you and can't wait to see it all come together for you!

Barbaloot said...

Good luck!

I'm gonna try for 500 words this month:)

Jenni Elyse said...

I think it's awesome that you joined. I've wanted to do it for a while too, but I'll have to wait until after school. Good luck and you'll do great!

Olivia Carter said...

ACK! I kept thinking unless someone else does this there is no way I'm going to. But then you brought it up yesterday and now i'm thinking that I really should just do it again because it was fabulous!

Rachel+Co said...

Almost done with my dang DYING LIGHT novel. I wish I was done, because I would write my next one for NANO. I think it's the best way to write a first draft. Just get 'er done. I'm so excited for you. You can do it! Just clear your schedule and I think having an outline would help a lot too. Next year, I'm all over it again! Good luck. I might participate in a few mini write-a-thons with you during the month.

Olivia Carter said...

Okay, so I signed up & added you as a friend. Add me! Craziness together!

Kayla said...

Good luck! I'm excited to hear how it goes!