Tuesday, April 2, 2013

Reading Report 6

What I read from 
March 11 -April 1

Fablehaven by Brandon Mull
 I reread this with my 9 year old. 
A middle-grade/childrens fantasy about Kendra and Seth, learning about the mythical creatures at their grandparents preserve. 

 Pizza, Love and Other Stuff that Made Me Famous by Kathryn Williams
A culinary YA about Sophie, a high school er who's been selected to appear on Teen Test Kitchen (a televised culinary show).

Sorta Like a Rock Star by Matthew Quick
In this YA, Amber has a hard life but is full of hope. To quote goodreads: "With an oddball cast of characters, and a heartwarming, inspiring story, this novel unveils a beautifully beaten-up world of laughs, loyalty, and hard-earned hope."

 The Raven Boys by Maggie Stiefvater
Fantasty, YA, Paranormal, Mystery. All sorts of good stuff combined with the amazing writing of Maggie Stiefvater. I was nervous about picking this one up but I totally loved it!

Trust Me on This by Jennifer Crusie 
Adult Romance, contemporary, full of laughs. Jennifer Crusie is on my top 5 of favorite authors! I'm pretty sure I've read almost all of her dozens of books.  I heard it described as an screwball comedy and it lived up to it.

 One for the Muphys by Lunda Mullaly Hunt 
Carley is placed into a foster home and learns she can open her heart to people who care about her. Middle grade/ YA, contemporary. 

 Up From Orchard Street by Eleanor Widmer
I enjoyed this one quite a bit. I'll quote from goodreads again: "this exhilarating novel centered around a memorable immigrant family brings to vibrant life the soul and spirit of New York’s legendary Lower East Side." Historical fiction maybe?

Dark Memories by Jeffrey S. Savage
Mystery. A police chief in a small town tries to figure out what happened in the past that is creating new drama and deaths in town again. 


1 comment:

Heidi said...

I always like to see a little fantasy on your list ;o)