Monday, February 8, 2010

Question 14: Why I Started

Asked by Sell party of (who is fun, silly, sincere and kind!)

Why did you start blogging?
----

I originally started blogging back in 2005 to share pics of my kids with my family and friends. I also wanted to print off my blog into a book to give a copy to my mom and keep one for myself. Over a year ago my husband was looking into some police jobs and I figured it would be best if I made my blog private. Like everyone knows, once your blog goes private your comments get cut off. People just forget to check.

I realized then, that I really craved that interaction and socialization, and quite frankly I was at a point where I was excited to start making new friends and decided to start up a blog where it was about anything I wanted to talk about, instead of like my other one that is mostly just updates on the family. So thats why I started and ...kept going I guess. :)


**Want to play along? Do you have any questions for me? Go ahead and ask me here!


******
(Oh yeah, and don't forget about my cake decorating contest. In case you can't get your hands on a book but you still want to participate you can find the first six chapters of The Dark Divine online at The Romantic Times (Ch 1 starts almost at the bottom of the page) and possibly pick something out of that to decorate with!)

9 comments:

Erin said...

I was the same as you. I lived in Iowa, far away from family and friends, and I wanted a way to stay caught up with them. Then I realized I wanted even more than that, so that's why I started blogging.

2005 - you've been blogging for a long time!

Kristina P. said...

I started blogging because I wanted to make people pee their pants. I might own stock on Depends. :)

Olivia Carter said...

I like the social interaction, a creative outlet, writing & such.

Heck, even though we were in the same ward we didn't become friends until blogging!

L.T. Elliot said...

Well, however you started, I'm glad you're still here!

Jenni Elyse said...

I like both of your blogs. I think they're both so fun! :)

Terresa said...

2005? That's awesome! I didn't start blogging until fall 08, but haven't looked back since.

I blog for a creative outlet, to spur on my writing goals, and to meet peeps. It's always an adventure!!

Rachel Sue said...

You really were ahead of the game, weren't you?

Sell...Party Of 4 said...

aaah, thanks for answering my questions!! =)

I'm glad that you started blogging, because we became friends!!

Kayla said...

Part of me wants to start a fun, public blog. I just want to stay up with my private family one too. So I'm torn because I probably don't have time for both. I love reading both of yours though!