Friday, September 3, 2010

Stuff in my Brain

I literally spent the entire day yesterday cleaning. A little something I like to call "Back to School Scrubbing" (as in a little more deep than usual). My 4 y/o was sweet to help me with several parts (even things like the toilet!) right up until her little friend came home from kindergarten. There is nothing like the joy that comes with having a fabulously clean house and of course getting to enjoy hanging out with my daughter.

*****
Have you ever been on those websites where you leave a comment and have to type in all your info and then no picture shows up next to your comment? I dont think I've ever shared this with you guys yet, but I've been using this fabulous thing for over a year. Hop over to gravatar and sign up. You can add your email addresses and a different avatar for each one, or the same for any. It's wonderful.

*****
This week I got a call from my kids preschool on the official starting date (yes I realize everyone else has already started, but I'm willing to forgive them because it's a great program). Looks like my kids will be starting in two weeks. It's a bit later than usual but I'm just so happy that they're both so excited about going. We got to meet my sons teachers who came over to visit with us and my daughters teachers will be here around 8:30 this morning. She can't wait!

*****
There was a time this summer I didnt read a book for about 3 weeks. Then when I tried to get back into it I was scrambling for a book that sounded good. Now I have a nice thick stack of to-be-read books on my nightstand and another few coming my way from friends who have read books and want to spread the goodness around. My book life is good!

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think I recognize that blue covered one. :) Enjoy. I sure did.

Jenni Elyse said...

I love gravatars. I think they're awesome!

What books are in the stack? I know of at least two, possibly three, depending on when the picture was taken.

Stephanie said...

I really need to tackle some deep cleaning, but I can't quite find the motivation. I think I'm just tired and I need to buck up. My daughter just started preschool and it's great!

Rochelle Brunson said...

I should really do the deep cleaning thing also, but school just started on Monday, and I've been reading. Finished The Forgotten Garden last night at 1:30, I loved it. I want to know what is in your stack!

Kristina P. said...

I will definitely check out that Gravatar. No picture makes me sad.

Heidi said...

I have a huge stack of books to read--there will be no end to it, ever--but I don't have time to read them. It makes me so sad.

Barbaloot said...

Have you read The Alchemyst series by Michael Scott? I just got into those and have definitely been enjoying them.

Olivia Carter said...

Oh man, I need to clean SO badly! Seriously... no really... it's bad.

I've read a series of like 2 and 3 star books lately. I've had a hankering for something fab. Hoping Clockwork Angel fills it :)

Amber Lynae said...

Schools in our area just started today. I don't know about preschools though. Although I could really use some free time to write, I still have my little girl with me all day.

Susan said...

My house is a freaking nightmare. I need to clean so badly! I loved this random post!