- Be intentional. Decide to be romantic.
- Look for reasons to say 'thank you' to your spouse.
- Try something out of the ordinary. (Don't normally send flowers? Do!, take care of a chore you know your spouse dislikes)
- Plan a date. Call your spouse and ask them out.
- Write a heartfelt note. (Or write a sweet sentence or two every morning.)
- Instigate physical contact.
- Send a text or make a phone call during the day just to say, 'I'm thinking of you' or 'Just hoping you're having a good day.'
- Try having more physical contact through out the day. Hug and kiss when leaving & returning. Hold hands while watching TV. Sit near each other during meals and put your hand on their knee.
- Take a walk together. Enjoy the fresh air.
Do you have other ideas you can share with us?
You can find my other Marriage Monday's here.