Monday, April 13, 2009

Road Trippin'

I remember when I was growing up and my parents owned a huge Chevy van (similar to the one pictured here). My two sisters and I would have the entire back all to ourselves.My dad would lay down the back bench and mom would make it into a bed. They'd have our little television set up so we could watch movies (yes this was back in the late 80's). We had a table that sat between the bench and the captain chairs. I dont think seatbelts were ever really enforced (by my parents).

I can only imagine how hard it must be for these little bodies to be barricaded down for long amounts of time.

4 comments:

Melinda said...

Okay seriously, did I write this and not know it?! My parents had a van like that, with the back bench folded down into a bed, and a little tv between the front seats!! Crazy!

Jenni Blaser said...

We never had a van like that, but my dad had an old Ford LTD with a huge backseat. We would put pillows and blankets down on the floor to make a bed and I'd sleep there whenever we get on trips. It's lucky we never got in an accident since seat belts weren't enforced by my parents either.

The Scott & Christie Hardey Family said...

We used to watch movies on trips when I was a kid too. We had a 9" black & white and our huge VCR. I always thought we were so cool and I loved it when people would drive by us staring at our TV.

Rachel said...

You just got to do it a lot so they get used to it. At 4 and 6 my girls are better travelers than I ever was. . . or am!