Monday, June 15, 2009

A few Boo's a few Yay's

You know when you're totally excited just for the anticipation of something? It's almost as much fun as whatever it is your anticipating? Totally riding that wave last weekend. I had some awesome plans all set for a busy Fri/Sat (see last post). But instead of riding the wave like a pro surfer I crashed hard and broke my board in two.

I drove a car full of friends (in a caravan with 4 other cars) up to Park City. We stopped in a parking lot to meet up with another and my car started smoking. Ugh. I shut off my car and a sweet friend jumped out of her car and fixed me all up. I took it all in stride, which I was pretty proud of myself for. We left my car there to settle down and think about what it had done while we went up to the cabin to have a fun girls night out (which of course we all got extremely little sleep--read 3 hrs or less).

The next morning I took my car in and found out it wasn't just a $60ish dollar repair to a hose I originally thought, but more than 10x that to replace the entire radiator. Ugh. Tired+Emotional. Ugh again. Totally hate having to pay for car repairs. I left my car in PC and had my dad come pick me up (hubby was home with the kids and I needed to head to Sandy for lunch).

I had a great time at lunch with so many fun blog friends. I sat next to Rachel and Jill and across from Alyssa and Kristina. So glad that I was able to make it after all the stress of the morning and the torrential downpour of the afternoon. It's so much fun getting to know someone more in person that you sorta feel like you know already. Even the ladies I didnt get to visit with for very long it's just nice to put a real live face to a blog (of which I can't wait to start visiting).

I had planned to run over (well not literally) to Kings English for Shannon Hales book release but decided that it would be in my best interest (considering I had no transportation and I most likely would have had to literally run) to skip out and catch a ride back home with my sister. (Still SO sad I didnt get to go, I heard it was a blast and her and her hubby even sang karaoke!)

I finally got home around 5 ate dinner and visited with my sister and at 6 sat down on the couch to catch up with hubby (while my sister was the awesome aunt and entertained the chitlins). I closed my eyes for a few seconds and what do you know but I fell asleep. So exhausted I didnt even wake up until 10am (sadly with a sore throat). Love that husband of mine to let me sleep.

Spent all of today back in PC picking up our car. I tried to make a sour situation slightly easier. Hubby took me to Squatters where we had a yummy lunch and he decided to try Calamari. I couldn't quite stomach the idea of tasting it though, especially since it basically looked exactly like what it was....all coated and fried in batter. On the way home we stopped to watch a movie, Land of the Lost. Probably deserving of it's rating but at least I got to laugh today.

What an end to a crazy coupla days, huh?

How was your weekend?

10 comments:

Rachel Sue said...

I didn't realize you had such a bad morning--you were in such a good mood!

It was so fun to see you!

Jenni Elyse said...

I'm glad you were able to still do some fun things. The blog ladies look like a bunch of fun women. I'm glad you had a good time.

Sorry about your car. I hope you're able to get it fixed without too much problem.

Unknown said...

The lunch was sooo freakin' fun! I wish that we could have all played musical chairs to get to know each other better...there will be a next time tho! =)

Kristina P. said...

You seemed so stress free!

It was so great to finally meet you!

Olivia Carter said...

Wow! How fun! I'm jealous- I wanted to go to the Relief Society thing so bad. Ah well, family reunions are a MUST I suppose.

Sorry about the car though- BOO!

Erin said...

Wow, you're right - a bunch of highs and a bunch of lows. I'm so sorry about the car. But how fun to go to the lunch!

Is the sore throat gone, or did it linger?

duff said...

Debbie--I hate to pay for car repairs also, I even hate to pay for maintenance--do you see a trend here...glad you salvaged your weekend. duey

Me (aka Danielle) said...

Wow! A crazy weekend..that's an understatement.

I hate car troubles more than anything. I totally panic. I've been known to sell cars right from where they died. No questions asked. Replaced within 48 hours. Horrible. I know!

Rochelle Brunson said...

I hate car repairs too, I know nothing about them so I always feel like they're screwing me over!! I'm sorry about all the unfun stuff, but I'm glad you could put a positive spin on things.

Melanie said...

Sorry about the car. I hate paying for car repairs too. Especially when all of my family can just do it themselves. That's what I get for living so far away.

On a lighter note, I just noticed your spring 2009 picture of your kids. They are so cute. I love the picture.