Thursday, January 20, 2011

Five Year Olds Meow (or Rock!)

Today is my daughters 5th birthday! She's my sweet, peacemaker, concerned about others, always the first to say, "thank you for this delicious dinner mother", middle child (I only mention this because I easily see the oldest/youngest thing but I'm still figuring out the middle child thing).

This morning I went to preschool with her where she got wonderful attention with all her 'special day' privileges (she got to bring a toy for show and tell, wear special badges, ring the bell for recess and a few other things).

After school we had her friend birthday party. She chose a Hello Kitty party so I set to work trying to find some fun ideas. I got two cat dishes for table decorations and filled them with goldfish and swedish fish for the girls to eat. We also picked up some new headbands and hair bands for the girls to have kitty cat collars and we made cat ears (I cut out black triangles the night before). We played cat, cat, dog and played pin the nose on the cat. We also had a bunch of our stuffed animals seated on the couch when the guests arrived. They each got to choose one and later we played 'vet' and the kids all got to take their animals to the doctor. They all got a turn using all the fun tools.

My sweet 5 year old! After she chose the theme my mom happened (searched and searched) to find this outfit for her birthday. She was THRILLED to open this as her first gift. I made her cake and I was happy it turned out decent. And as a small side note for the next three months exactly my kids will all sound two years apart (7, 5, 3).

10 comments:

bedelia said...

Looks like a fun birthday.

My Nolan is having serious middle child issues right now. I know he NEEDS one on one time and attention but I don't know how to avoid giving my time to the other two.

Brie said...

Love that cake. You did a great job. I can't believe she is 5!

Stephanie said...

Hey, I'm at 8,6,and 4 for the next few months. :) Cute cake and party!

Olivia Carter said...

Aw, it was SO CUTE! Syd had a blast- she wouldn't stop talking about it! Seriously good job!

Rochelle Brunson said...

That is such a cute party thing. You're such a fun mom!

Barbaloot said...

I wanna go to a party where swedish and goldfish are served:) Sounds fun!

Becky said...

That cake is SO cute! I just found your blog yesterday, and I love it. I linked to your blog in my post because I loved it so much :)

Jenni Elyse said...

I absolutely love the cat bowls with the the fish in them. Such a cute and fun idea! It looks like M had a good day!

Heidi said...

Happy birthday big girl!

Violet said...

So adorable! That cake is darling and it sounds like she had such a fun day! Yay! :)