Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Colors make all the difference

Two fun tricks I learned from visiting preschool with my kids over the years.

1. Colored Milk is fun
2. A 2 Cup measuring cup is perfect for letting small kids practice pouring. We use these at dinner all the time!


One of my kids only likes to drink crystal light or juice (which I don't let them do too often) and it always amazes me that just making milk fun makes her willing to drink it.


Plus of course it's fun to match the holidays or have a 'color day' complete with matching clothes, games and food! And the kids all love when they get to pick the color!

7 comments:

Kristina P. said...

My mom used to make green milk for St. Patrick's Day.

Susan said...

Ha ha! Love it. :)

Kristie said...

How many drops do you add, for 2 cups of milk? I am thinking my kiddos would like this, and it would reinforce them to continue learning. Great idea, thanks!

Barbaloot said...

What a fun idea. I might even want to drink milk if it's a fun color:)

Cranberryfries said...

It just depends on how dark you want the color to be. We usually do 2 drops and it's sufficient.

Rochelle Brunson said...

That is such a good idea! I'm totally going to do it!

Jenni Elyse said...

Like Kristina P's mom, I used to make my milk green for St. Paddy's Day. I've made it pink for Valentine's too. I need to buy some food coloring because I miss doing fun stuff like that.