Thursday, January 6, 2011

What I read last year:

Oh how I love to read. And what's even more fun is being involved in the book reading community with other big readers and fabulous authors and all the fun events (especially the great ones held here in Utah).

I love Goodreads (where more friends and authors are) and Shelfari (I like the visual 'shelf' look of it better) because they help keep track of what I read. I can also see what my friends are reading or wanting to read and easily add it to my "to read" shelf so I dont forget later when I'm looking for another great book.

I update my Goodreads account (more often then Shelfari) so if you're interested in my ratings and reviews or lists of books you can find them all there. You can find me as Debbie Cranberryfries.

In order from most recently read (in Dec 2010) to what I started the year off with (in Jan 2010).

*Utah Authors


  1. Dreamland by Sarah Dessen
  2. Wither (Chemical Garden, #1) by Lauren DeStefano
  3. Clockwork Angel (The Infernal Devices, #1) by Cassandra Clare
  4. *Welcome to Stalk Lake City by Sheralyn Pratt
  5. The Dark Days of Hamburger Halpin by Josh Berk
  6. *City of Angels (The Rhea Jensen Series, #1) by Sheralyn Pratt
  7. Defensive Tactics by Steve Westover
  8. *Sun and Moon, Ice and Snow by Jessica Day George
  9. Paranormalcy (Paranormalcy, #1) by Kiersten White
  10. *The Way He Lived by Emily Wing Smith
  11. *Once Was Lost by Sara Zarr
  12. *The Clockwork Three by Matthew J. Kirby
  13. Mockingjay (The Hunger Games, #3) by Suzanne Collins
  14. *Matched (Matched #1) by Ally Condie
  15. Spells (Wings, #2) by Aprilynne Pike
  16. White Cat (Curse Workers, #1) by Holly Black
  17. Going Too Far by Jennifer Echols
  18. *The Loser's Guide to Life and Love: A Novel by A.E. Cannon
  19. *Story of a Girl by Sara Zarr
  20. Linger (The Wolves of Mercy Falls, #2) by Maggie Stiefvater
  21. Spirit Bound (Vampire Academy, #5) by Richelle Mead
  22. *Secrets of the Dragon Sanctuary (Fablehaven, #4) by Brandon Mull
  23. *Grip of the Shadow Plague (Fablehaven, #3) by Brandon Mull
  24. The Truth about Forever by Sarah Dessen
  25. The Diamonds by Ted Michael
  26. *Book of a Thousand Days by Shannon Hale
  27. Hush, Hush (Hush, Hush, #1) by Becca Fitzpatrick
  28. Wings (Wings, #1) by Aprilynne Pike
  29. *The Hourglass Door (Hourglass Door Trilogy, #1) by Lisa Mangum
  30. Blood Promise (Vampire Academy, #4) by Richelle Mead
  31. *The Ball's in Her Court by Heather Justesen
  32. Mouth To Mouth by Erin McCarthy
  33. Shadow Kiss (Vampire Academy, #3) by Richelle Mead
  34. Sarah's Quilt: A Novel of Sarah Agnes Prine and the Arizona Territories, 1906 by Nancy E. Turner
  35. What the Lady Wants by Jennifer Crusie
  36. Pretty Little Liars (Pretty Little Liars, #1) by Sara Shepard
  37. Frostbite (Vampire Academy, #2) by Richelle Mead
  38. *My Ridiculous, Romantic Obsessions by Becca Wilhite
  39. Vampire Academy (Vampire Academy, #1) by Richelle Mead
  40. *Swoon at Your Own Risk by Sydney Salter
  41. *Summer in Paris by Michele Ashman Bell
  42. *Secret Sisters by Tristi Pinkston
  43. *Courting Miss Lancaster by Sarah M. Eden
  44. *Band of Sisters by Annette Lyon
  45. *Dangerous Connections by Julie Coulter Bellon
  46. *Rise of the Evening Star (Fablehaven, #2) by Brandon Mull
  47. *Being Sixteen by Ally Condie
  48. City of Glass (The Mortal Instruments, #3) by Cassandra Clare
  49. *By Love or By Sea by Rachel Rager
  50. City of Bones (The Mortal Instruments, #1) by Cassandra Clare
  51. City of Ashes (The Mortal Instruments, #2) by Cassandra Clare
  52. *Altared Plans by Rebecca Talley
  53. *The Journal of Curious Letters (The 13th Reality, #1) by James Dashner
  54. *Lemon Tart (Culinary Mystery, #1) by Josi S. Kilpack
  55. Ruined: A Ghost Story by Paula Morris
  56. Sundays at Tiffany's by James Patterson
  57. Airhead (Airhead, #1) by Meg Cabot

What was your favorite book you read last year?

10 comments:

Rochelle Brunson said...

Wow, you read a lot. Someday I want to be like you. What was your fave for the whole year?

Angie said...

Nice list! I think my favorite last year was Warbreaker by Brandon Sanderson.

Rachel Sue said...

you're so good to keep track! I have no idea where one year ended and the next started!

Did you like Fablehaven? That is next on my list of books to read.

Barbaloot said...

Gosh-here I was thinking I was a serious reader. You just put me to shame:)

I have read a few of those, though. I liked Being Sixteen and Courting Miss Lancaster quite a bit. Matched was interesting...I don't want to wait a whole year to read the next one.

How'd you feel about Fablehaven? I just read the first one and wasn't crazy about it...

And have you read the Percy Jackson series? Or the Warrior Heir series?

Olivia Carter said...

Great list! You saw my list already but my top book I read in 2010 was THE SKY IS EVERYWHERE. I'm in love with that book.

Brie said...

Thanks for sharing. I love reading the books you recommend. Now I have a good book list for 2011.

Greg and Kimberly ... said...

I've read a lot of those, some because of your suggestions.
I don't know if I've read a book I totally love this year. I'm in the middle of Matched, it's taking me forever. I should know better than to start a book in the middle of December. :) I'm really enjoying it, can't wait to see what happens.
Are you one of those people that only needs 4 hours of sleep? Because I can't figure out when you find the time to read!

Jenni Elyse said...

I'll have to check out your review of Wither. I love its cover! I want to read it, but alas, I want to read a lot of things. ;)

Camie Marie said...

I'm so glad you posted this! I've been needing some new reading material and was going to email you. Sigh...now I have a whole huge list to choose from. Awesome!

Jana H. said...

Thanks for this post, it gave me a lot of good ideas!