Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Rainbow Brite

You know how little girls sometimes have little kitchens to play with? Well I dont know why but when I was younger my parents got me a Rainbow Brite dishwasher. It stood about 3 feet tall and basically had a door to open. I loved it! I remember a specific instance when I was about six years old we had a friend coming to stay with us and my parents put me and my sisters in one room and he was going to sleep in my room. Well heaven forbid, a man in my room, so I did the logical thing any girl would do. I hid my underwear in my Rainbow Brite dishwasher. Safe and sound. My sisters still tease me about this some 20 years later. (This picture is one I had to smoosh together since I couldn't find any images of what I actually had.)

A few weeks ago I received some CD's from MomSelect to review with my kids. I let my six year old have a go at it first and she loved it. She could easily navigate the games and puzzles by herself and we all had a good time listening to the theme song and dancing along.

You can find a bunch of games, activities, coloring pages, animatinos and more at rainbowbrite.com. And the actual dolls are coming back out to stores. Target and Toys R' Us I believe have them in stores right now.

*I received a CD promotional pack through MomSelect and Hallmark.

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

I loved Rainbow Brite. She had a horse. And so did She-Ra. ;)

Olivia Carter said...

Oh man, I was a HUGE rainbow brite fan. Though I don't know if my parents ever got me the dolls. I know for a fact that I had a rainbow brite electric tooth brush I carried around like a doll. And my dad made my the best dang rainbow brite costume ever when I was a kid.
http://oliviacarter.blogspot.com/2009/10/found-treasure-at-di.html

Amber Lynae said...

I can only vaguely remember rainbow brite. I remember the look of the girls but not anything about what they did.

Jenni Elyse said...

I love Rainbow Brite! I had one of the sprites and I think I still have him. He was my favorite plushy. I had a coloring book and watched the TV show non-stop. I'm so excited that they're bringing it back for this generation to enjoy!

Kayla said...

Haha! I love the crazy logic of kids... I'm pretty sure that's how my brain still works!

Me (aka Danielle) said...

Rainbow Brite was one of my favorites! In fact I just scored me an original doll (gotta love ebay)

Susan said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Susan said...

Is this it? http://www.80stoysale.com/rainbow3.html scroll down the page and you'll see it.

Susan said...

I was pretty much obsessed with rainbow brite, she-ra and cabbage patch dolls. Honestly. Carebears, Strawberry Shortcake, My Little Ponies... I was a total 80's kid.