Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Tell Me (cause it's Tuesday): Sick day for fun!

My poor daughter got strep throat a few weeks ago. Although she wasn't too dissapointed because she got that really yummy bubble gum tasting medicine. Did you ever have that as a kid? Oh I can still remember it! So a few days she was doing ok and then again with the symptoms.

So the weekend passes and I run all three of my kids into the doctor. Turns out, the doctor thinks she gave it to her siblings who in turn gave it right back to her. I've been lining them up at night for medicine shots. At least it's good tasting though.

Oh and then hubby says his throat tickles. He's got what they had plus a few other obnoxious symptoms so he spent the week sleeping and hacking up all sorts of lungs.

Miraculously I steered clear of getting anything at all and was just able to take care of them all without feeling cruddy myself. (Isn't it the worst when you still have to be 'normal' when you feel like junk?)

Whenever anyone checked in to see how we were all doing I kept saying, "It's the best sick days I've ever had." Not that it was crazy fun mind you, I actually didn't go or do a whole lot last week, but at least I didnt feel sick. So I gots me to wonderin'...

Tell Me: If you had a 'sick day' but really you didnt feel miserable, what would you do with your day? No normal responsibilities folks. C'mon pull out the big guns.

11 comments:

Suey said...

Ummm.... let me think... oh yeah... READ! :) ALL DAY LONG without any guilt at all.

Barbaloot said...

Sleep! And read. And watch cheesy chick-flicks:)

Jillene said...

I would probably find a flight to So. Cal and go to Disneyland for the day.

Kristina P. said...

Go to NYC! And I forgot about that bubble gum medicine. It wasn't too bad!

Olivia Carter said...

Oh I'm so with the sleepers and readers! That would be amazing!

I'd also watch a bunch of movies. All snuggled up with treats to my left and drinks to my right and I'd probably have my hubby giving me a shoulder rub.

Hummm... if only my sick days looked like this.

Hope everyone at your house gets better pronto!

Jenni Elyse said...

I love that pink bubblegum medicine. But, alas, I'm now allergic to all cillins, so I can never have it again. :(

If I had a sick day and wasn't really sick, I'd read all day, play games on my Nintendo or the Internet, or watch movies. Those are the best day!

Anonymous said...

Go out with my friends. And write. And read. And go to DISNEYLAND! =D

Anonymous said...

My favorite medicine was the chocolate sulpha or sulfa I use to take years and years ago. It was the best ever!!!! If you are wondering what I would be doing--sleeping, reading, and more of the same.

Catie S (Book Bound) said...

I'd read. (I think its funny that so many of us are book junkies.)

Kayla said...

Well, if we're pulling out the big guns... I'd pool all my funds (ha!)and charter a pilot to fly me around to yummy restaurants and fun roller coasters around the world! Mwahahaha!
In reality I'd probably read part of the day and go out to lunch with some of my girls!

Greg and Kimberly ... said...

I thought I'd be all original and say go to Disneyland, but it looks like I'm not alone in wishing for the Happiest Place on Earth! Especially on a Wed in Jan or Feb, when no one is there. Those are the best!

But in all actuality I'd probably read, like everyone else. Also, not cook the entire day, so there would be NO DISHES to do.