Friday, March 12, 2010

Random Ramblings

I finished school a few months ago but my university only does the whole 'walking' thing in April and August. Which means I'll be participating in April. Which means I've received some kind gifts for graduation from my parents and grandparents. I've been debating what to do with the cash. Buy a new fabulous camera? Get myself a pretty netbook? Go on a trip? It's enough to possibly send me on a trip (not enough to send my husband, but thats ok cause he's not a fan of traveling right now.) I'm thinking about a girls trip. To New York City! (I've been there once, about 11 years ago, for three short days.) Now I just need to find people who will go with me. Anyone?
Or better yet, what do you think I should do with a small chunk of change?

*****
I've noticed that when I go to the gym I like to know exactly what it is I'm going to be doing. I hate walking in and standing there just looking around. I either decide the night before or sit in the car and deliberate on what's gonna go down.

*****
I haven't updated my family blog since November. That really isnt like me but every time I sit down to blog I remember I have a bunch of friends to check in with and then update my CF blog. Today I'm finally updating my family blog. Only because I've told myself I can't read a book until I do at least 10 posts. Hmmm.

*****
While I was getting ready this morning my son was playing in the bathroom sink. I didnt realize but the water was hot. He filled up his cup and held it out to me and said, 'blow on it momma!' Made me kinda giggle.

*****
My 'normal make-up routine' is bugging me. I've decided I'm not using the right colors at all and my face looks washed out. Someone save me from myself. I have no knowledge in this area and really need help.

17 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congratulations on graduation and I hope you do something really fun with your gift! =D

Olivia Carter said...

Oh man, I would love to go to NY. I don't know if I'd have the funds... depends on when you were going. But I'd literally die to go. I love it there!

I always know what I'm doing when I go to the gym to. it's always 30 min weights & always alternating (back & bisepts or chest & tricepts, or abs & calves, or hams & quads) then I do 30 -45 min running (I'm trying to get ready for Tahoe Relay in June so I don't mix that up much, just run) but I totally agree with you.

Kristina P. said...

You should definitely, definitely go to NYC.

Kayla said...

I would love to go to NYC... I'm not sure I can afford it though. I like playing with make-up! I'll come over someday and we can play with some new colors for you!

Amber Lynae said...

NYC would be fun. I am not a stand around the gym person myself either.

Jenni Elyse said...

I would love to go to NYC, but I don't think I can afford it nor do I have the time to take off from work. Corey and I haven't been on a vacation in almost 8 years. We're going to go to Vegas together this summer and spend a day at the spa and hang out at the Mandalay Bay pool. If it weren't for not spending vacation time with the hubby in so long, I would totally use that time and money to go to NYC with you.

I'm so excited you get to walk in April! :) That will be so much fun, exciting, and feel like such an accomplishment! Congratulations again! :)

Jules AF said...

I remember meeting you!

Also, I think you should either travel or have a spa day with the money. Either would be amazing!

Charlotte said...

Congrats on the graduation. I live a couple hours out of NYC so if you get there, I could drive down and visit.

I wish I could help you with the make up but I got the washed out thing going on, too.

I need to start a family blog since my family blog has morphed into something else.

Mary E Campbell said...

I think you should go for the the NY trip. Congrats on graduating while raising children.

Violet said...

The trip to NY sounds like a blast! Graduation is a huge accomplishment & definitely deserves to be celebrated with a fabulous vacation! So fun! :)

I have been feeling the same way about my make-up routine lately. The last time I really liked my make-up routine was right after playing with a bunch of $0.45 samples from CoryCosmetics.com & discovering lots of new favorite eye and cheek colors. Maybe it is time for another sample-fest to experiment with new colors.

Rachel Sue said...

If I could give you makeup advice, I would. Only, I'm in about the same place that you are.

Sabrina O'Malley said...

Good luck with your decision, that is a hard one.

So looking back at your old post I had an idea for you. Have you ever tried a little straight cranberry juice (the no sugar kind) with Sunkist soda? So yummy!

Barbaloot said...

Hooray for graduation! Congrats. And good luck deciding what to do. I never sent out graduation announcements, and I recently released what I missed out on by not doing so. If I send them out 3 years late, do you think people will still send presents? :)

also known as shell said...

my makeup advice is this...

I go to youtube and google makeup tips.. there's this awesome girl from England who does the coolest makeup and its really easy to follow her instructions!

Heidi said...

Can I go to NY too? Maybe I can graduate again to pay for the trip :o)! Good luck deciding how to use the $$. The other day grandpa was sad that my graduation present from him (I don't even remember it, but he claims it was a camera) was gone and didn't actually last me a lifetime like he'd hoped. So at the very least, remember what you spend the $$ on!

Shauna said...

I don't think I've ever been on a girl's trip! How sad is that?? Ryan and I have taken a couple of short "budget vacations" since we've been married, but nothing really cool since we did Disneyland for our 1st Anniversary. (We've been married almost 8 years...) So, I'm totally up for a trip... if you can get a layover in St Louis, stuff me into a duffle bag and check me in with your luggage. I'd even buy you dinner for the effort -- as long as you don't mind the value menu at McD's! *sigh* One day we'll have a paycheck!

Victoria said...

Use a little of your wad and treat yourself to a trip to the Mac or the Lancome counter at Nordstrom. It is amazing what some good makeup will do... I am out of mine right now, short on funds and feeling VERY UGLY. Wah wah wah. Last year I had a wish list, and shockingly, I actually bought most everything on the wish list. It was all the stuff for my studio, which, obviously, I managed to purchase, and it has been totally worth it.

I loved New York City and would love to go again sometime. Not this year, unfortunately, but I hope you do something fun with your grad money... you deserve it!