Sunday, January 10, 2010

Eight is Great. Now for more!

1-10-02

Eight years ago today, I was getting married to my best friend, the sexy devil in the picture with me. The snow had just melted and it was icy cold but I couldn't tell at all, even in my short sleeves. My hubby however was shivering the whole time we were out taking pictures. In our family shots on the steps of the beautiful temple, everyone is even bundled up in winter parkas.


A little while ago I mentioned how we met if you're interested.

Here's one of my favorite pictures from the day. With just a few weeks to plan the details of the wedding day, going to school full time, and working I decided that in order to stay sane, I would pick a few things I cared a lot about, and let the other stuff just happen. There were two things I wanted. A rockin' dress and an awesome photographer/pictures. Everything else was just fabulousness that happened because my family was great to help out with the other details.

Like the cake. Honestly it just wasn't a big deal to me. I mean I wanted to have one there but I really didnt care about spending hundreds of dollars on it. So my sweet mom asked my adroable neighbor to make one. And it turned out beautfiul! And then to top it off, literally actually, under that beautiful temple on top was hidden a Wendy's hamburger (don't worry, a nice friend ran out just a few minutes before we cut the cake to grab a fresh burger, it hadn't been sitting there all evening). You see, well most likely you do, because of the title of my blog, but I really really like Wendy's (seriously ask me sometime), and luckily for me, so does my hubby. So it was a fun little surprise for us, from my fam, that I really thought was cute.

Oh and for what it's worth, I'm completely convinced this is why I seriously had a perfect wedding day. The things that mattered happened (both of us made it to the wedding, we were married, we were surrounded by family), the things I wanted to have happened happened, (my dress was awesome, I got lovely pictures), and honestly if anything didn't go as planned, I never knew because I was having the time of my life!

18 comments:

Kristina P. said...

Congratulations! You both look great.

Rachel B. said...

Awww, so cute! Happy anniversary, you two!

Strawberry Girl said...

That is so sweet of them :) I love the pictures, good thing you stuck to the simple things :)

Olivia Carter said...

Ah, that's so sweet! I love those pictures of you! Congrats on the big anniversary!

Anonymous said...

Happy Anniversary!

My wedding was like that too. Sure, there was a lot of fuss and muss from my mom (I was the first girl to get married) but in the end what it came down to was the man, me, and the marriage. After that, everything else was just gravy. =]

Jenni Elyse said...

Happy Anniversary! Congratulations on 8 great years and three beautiful children! Here's hoping for more (years not children).

also known as shell said...

That is a rockin dress. and funny about the wendy's hamburger. I wish I hadn't worried about my cake. It didn't even taste that great.

Barbaloot said...

Happy Anniversary! (a day late) A wedding cake involving Wendy's sounds amazing!

Annette Lyon said...

Happy anniversary! The hamburger story is proof that you have friends who both know and love you. That's priceless.

Unknown said...

Happy Anniversary!! How fun!!

Rochelle Brunson said...

happy anniversary!

Brodi Ashton said...

So funny about the hamburger. Happy anniversary.

Erin said...

That's really fun that things went the way you liked them to for your wedding day. Happy anniversary to you!

Unknown said...

I totally know what you mean about not noticing the "other" stuff. We got married in August and apparently it was blazing hot. I was in long sleeves and didn't even notice the heat. I also didn't care when the power went out and there was no air conditioning in the building for our reception. Nor did I care that there was very little light for the reception either. To me, everything was perfect. Happy anniversary.

Rachel Sue said...

So sweet. I wish I had your attitude when I got married. My mom did most of the planning and the only things that I loved were my husband, the cake and my dress. I guess it could have been worse. . .

Cluttered Brain said...

First of all, I LOVE your blog title. Cranberries and fries. interesting. It's Cool.

Second of all, since you are friends with almost all of my Facebook friends--Annette Lyon, L.T. Elliot, Tristi Pinkston, etc...the list goes on and on, I'd figure I add you to my friends list. Thanks for adding me back!

Third of all, which probably should be written first is HAPPY ANNIVERSARY! It is good to remember your wedding. I often flip thru my wedding album from time to time and remember MY own wedding quite fondly. I am glad I married the man I did.

Any-hoo, Happy ANNIVERSARY! Hope you got to spend it well!

Victoria said...

Happy anniversary... you chose well. Husband, dress, photographer... that first one is the most important, and as far as enjoying the memories, the dress and photographer are good picks:) I love that it was so cold but you were fine... haha! That is awesome:)

Violet said...

Happy (belated) 8th anniversary! :) Your wedding photos are really beautiful & I love that personal touch on your wedding cake! So adorable & sweet!