Thursday, January 28, 2010

Random Ramblings

I picked up a new night stand light. My kids won't stop playing with it. My 4 y/o started the microphone game with the light, from sharing her thoughts on church (ie baring her testimony) to reciting scenes from Toy Story "does anyone have a moving buddy?". It cracks me up. (Even though I keep telling her to stop pulling on my stinkin light.)
*****

Today I finished my 6th book for the month of January. I'm hoping to get through 50 by the end of the year and so far I think I'm on a good track.
*****

Had to stop off at the social security office this morning. I was there 10 minutes before the place opened and people were already lining up at the door. I counted 11 people in front of me and a handful behind me. Once we go inside the first guy up to the window starts explaining his stuff. The worker comments. He says the same thing again. The worker comments. He responds with, "Isn't there someone here I can talk to?" She points to herself, "You are talking to someone!" He reluctantly continued. Made me smile.

*****

The winner of the hair lovely is Also known as Shell. Congrats girl!!! I tried to find your email but couldn't track it down. Will you send me an email and we'll get this prize out to ya!

21 comments:

Anonymous said...

That was funny what that lady said. Nice to call him on that one.

I think it's frickin' adorable that your daughter was quoting Toy Story. (One of my fav. Pixar's, btw.)

Olivia Carter said...

Great job reading! What have you been reading? Do share!

Syd pretends all sorts of things are mirophones. She'll say, "What your name?" and hold it up to you. I say, "Mommy." And then she hands it to me & says, "Now you ask me." I ask her then we trade again.

In other words a lively evening at the Carter house! :)

Kristina P. said...

I don't think I read six books in a year. I am so ashamed.

Me (aka Danielle) said...

The bit from the Soc. Security office...made me giggle! I love a good humored government worker!

bingham 5 said...

Have you read the other James Patterson 'romance' novels? They are all really good - what else have you been reading?

Kayla said...

Your kids are too cute! Mine always steal my kitchen utensils to be their microphones.
So which was your favorite book? I'm interested to hear your thoughts on them!

Cath said...

Thanks for getting back to me Debbie! And so quickly I'll give it a go and let you know who it works. Did you have to have working labels in your blog already, or does it just search your post titles?

Rochelle Brunson said...

your six books makes my one book pretty lame, but good work!

Jenni Elyse said...

Congrats on finishing your sixth book. I miss reading right now, but it's okay because I'm doing something else worthwhile. ;)

Susan said...

I need to read more! Wow. I want a night stand, so I can have a nice little lamp. Bryan doesn't like me to read in bed, because he can't fall asleep if I do. So, that means I have to resort to drastic measures, by sneaking out of bed to go read in the living room, and then coming back in and trying really hard not wake him up. All would be solved with a little light... but, alas, no go.

Jill Hunt said...

You are awesome Debbie! That's all I have got to say!

Erin said...

Ooh, where did you get the nightstand light? I have been wanting one, but keep forgetting to actually look for one when I go to the store.

Six books - good for you! I have read two this month, and I'm pretty proud of myself :)

Melinda said...

I read four books this month, yay for me and whoo hoo for you!

Rachel+Co said...

any great books out of the six?

Unknown said...

I love random thoughts. =)

Cath said...

Debbie - thanks for your help with linkwithin. Yep - it's working... I haven't created any labels so it must just search titles and content. pretty amazing! Thanks again!!

Mary E Campbell said...

Hey thanks for tracking me down. I remember meeting you. That launch party was so fun. So cute how your kids play with the lamp and annoying. My kids lost the switch to turn my lamp on. Now I need a new one. Thanks for becoming a follower of my blog.

Rachel@MyPinkFlipFlops said...

I'm gonna have to re think my reading strategy...like actually pick up a book this year... Maybe I should go for a more doable goal like...Read 12 Books this year. :D

Rachel Sue said...

Don't you love that any thing new is a toy? Even when it's not a toy. . .

Brodi Ashton said...

I love that: "You are talking to someone."

Very cool.

also known as shell said...

Thank You!!!

look at me I'm coming out of my little winter blues and trying to be a better blog friend!!!