Monday, January 4, 2010

Released The Dark Divine

Last Saturday I had the chance to go to the launch party of Bree Despains The Dark Divine over at The Kings English bookstore. Anyone remember what happened last time I attempted to get over there? Well this time, on the way I got a flat tire. Awesome. No. Ugh, what is the deal?

Luckily I was meeting up with Olivia just a few miles away so I had her back track a bit to come get me somewhere else. We made it! But the place was crazy packed with loyal fans and it was super fun to be a part of it! We met some super cute ladies while we were waiting (the room was so packed we waited in the adjacent room and then filed in later to get to her Bree read a passage). It's funny to me the sort of insta-friend stuff that happens when there is a common bond. Such a fun day! This is one hot book. I heard it sold out of tons of bookstores the first day.


Stay tuned later this week for a related giveaway.

10 comments:

Barbaloot said...

I'm waiting for the giveaway...

Jill Hunt said...

How fun! I still need to borrow that book from you!

Greg and Kimberly ... said...

Would have loved to be there. You have fun, no matter where you go! Sorry about the flat tire, sometimes I think the stars are aligned against me when that stuff happens.

Olivia Carter said...

Oh SO FUN! Thanks for going with me- it was REALLY fun! can't wait for the 16th!

Kristina P. said...

It looks like so fun! SOunds like a great book. I've been seeing it all over Facebook.

Rachel@MyPinkFlipFlops said...

Fun fun! Question: Where do you get your ideas for what to read next? I'm going to read 50 books this year and need some ideas!

Anonymous said...

Yeah, it did sell out. Santa barely got me a copy this year and it was a near thing.

I'm glad you got to go. Great pictures and I'm sorry about the flat tire!

Brodi Ashton said...

That was great seeing you there, although I would've liked more time to talk to you. Hopefully we'll catch up at a few of the signings!

Jenni Elyse said...

I'm glad you had fun. Sorry about the flat tire, though. I think The King's English has put a curse on your car.

Victoria said...

Okay... Gotta buy me a copy!