Thursday, March 18, 2010

Cardtable Playhouse

After making a playhouse for my sister-in-law, my mom and I started making three more, for me and my two sisters families. Today we finished the one for my kids. We changed it up a bit to personalize it some. Here is what we did! (Click the pictures to enlarge them.)





You might have noticed hands sticking out of the mailbox in that first photo. We thought it'd be fun for them to be able to put in real mail. The flag is also on Velcro so they can stand it up or lay it down. The windows have ribbon down both sides of them so they can roll them up and tie them in place.

My 4 year old has affectionately been calling this her puppet show house because when they use the one at my moms house they do a puppet show out the windows. They're so thrilled to finally have their own card table playhouse!

23 comments:

Kristina P. said...

That is very cool, Debbie! I'm sure they will love it.

Jules AF said...

So have you and your sisters played in it a lot? hahaha

the Smiths said...

so cute. I really want to make one.

Olivia Carter said...

Woman! That thing is AMAZING! Seriously! I'm so jealous & I'll bet your kiddos go wild for it. I really should make one of those! Teach me!

Rochelle Brunson said...

Wow! That is so cool! How does it stand up? You should do a tutorial or something to teach others how to do it.........or sell them!

Rachel B. said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Rachel B. said...

Super cute! Any plans of making more and selling them?

Rochelle Brunson said...

oh cardtable! Duh! Somehow I missed that the first time around. Thanks for the info and let me know when you sell them!

Jenni Elyse said...

It's so so cute! I love how they're each personalized.

Anonymous said...

I had one of these when I was a kid, and loved it. I've been thinking about making one for my kidlets. You may have just giving me the motivation to get going on it. My kids will thank you!

TOWR said...

That is so cute!! I might have to make one for my nieces!

Rachel Sue said...

This is awesome Debbie. My kids would be so jealous!

Heidi said...

Wow that turned out great! I probably should pay you for all the work you're doing on mine! We'll have to think of a good payback. Girls night dinner or something.

Charlotte said...

What a fun idea! I may try to adapt this for my younger kids.

stewbert said...

Debbie! that is so cool!

Christy said...

That is so cute! My dd would love that!

Susan said...

Is this another one? It is SO cute! You are seriously amazing!

Me (aka Danielle) said...

Love, Love love it! Truly! My boys would love something like that!

Kayla said...

Your awesomeness astounds me, Debbie! Woo-hoo!

Shelle-BlokThoughts said...

Those are so cute!

My daughter would have a hay day also!

Animation above is way cool! I'll try to remember to vote when I'm not on my phone!

Erin said...

What a fun playhouse! That takes a lot of talent.

Josi said...

That is so totally cool! What a fun idea.

Alicia and Daniel said...

Do you have a tutorial? I love it!! Need to know how to make one?! :) xoxo