Thursday, February 3, 2011

Chinese New Year Craft

I saw a cute idea on a new friends blog, ObSUESSed about celebrating Chinese New Year. The kids and I needed something fun to do tonight so this was perfect. A little culture, a little learning, a little together time, a lot of fun.

Luckily I had all the supply's on hand so it was easy to get started.


I found my Chinese characters and the kids cut them out. Then they all chose their own pictures/words. Mine was home and strength.


I wish we had card stock, the drum beats would have been louder but it still works decently with just normal paper and it was still a lot of fun to do!


Obviously you can embellish this craft with anything else. I think little jingle bells would be fun (and louder), or even coloring the squares, My kids had a good time spinning them to make them clap. 

6 comments:

Kristina P. said...

Super cute, Debbie!

Olivia Carter said...

Ah! Just SO CUTE! I wish I did something for the Chinese New Year.

Me (aka Danielle) said...

So Cute!

Victoria ObSEUSSed said...

Your drums turned out super cute. I like how you used the calligraphy cards to make the drums. Thanks for trying the craft I showed. I'm adding a link to this on my post. @obSEUSSed

Cranberryfries said...

Thanks you guys! I love finding all these crafty blogs with cool projects to do.

Thanks for the fun idea Victoria!

Small Town Shelly Brown said...

Love it Debbie! This is great. We always celebrate Chinese New Years and my kids are about the ages of yours so this is perfect.