Thursday, February 10, 2011

A-Z Book Goal for 2011

My goal is to try to read at least one book from each letter category. If I get ambitious I'll try to do more.



(I will strike through the titles as I read them.)



In the past three years I've had a few goals to help give me direction in the books I read. In 2008 it was a number (100 books in 52 weeks), in 2009 a genre (Young Adult), in 2010 a niche (local authors, which seriously Utah is AMAZING for this!). So when I saw Danielle at An Eagles View talk about doing an A-Z list for her reading goal this year and I LOVED the idea and decided to try it for my 2011 goal.



I made up a list of a bunch of books I have heard about and wanted to read, some that have been on my to-be-read pile for a while and some brand new ones I found while looking for letters to fill in.


A-Anna and the French Kiss(Stephanie Perkins) ,Amy & Roger's Epic Detour (Morgan Matson), Along for The Ride (Sarah Dessen)Across the Universe (Beth Revis), 
B-Back When You Were Easier To Love(Emily Wing Smith)Bright Blue Miracle(Becca Wilhite), Bossypants (Tina Fey)


C-Crescendo (Becca Fitzpatrick)City Limits(Sheralyn Pratt),Cross My Heart and Hope to Spy (Ally Carter), Cracked up to be (Courtney Summers)

D-Demon Glass (Rachel Hawkins), Delirium (Lauren Oliver)Dont Judge A Girl By Her Cover (Ally Carter), Diary Queen (Catherine Gilbert Murdock),Dream Girl (Lauren Mechling), Dandelion Wine (Ray Bradbury)

E- Everneath (Brodi Ashton), English Trifle (Josi Kilpack)

F-Frogs and French Kisses (Sarah Mlynowski)

G-The Guernsey Literary and Potato Peel Pie Society (Mary Ann Shaffer, Annie Barrows)

H-Heist Society (Ally Carter), How to Take the Ex Out of Ex Boyfriend (Janette Rallison), Hourglass (Myra McEntire), Hold Me Close Necromancer (Lish McBride), Hex Hall (Rachel Hawkins)

I-Intrinscal (Lani Woodland), If I Stay (Gayle Forman), The Iron King (Julia Kagawa), I am a Genuis of Unspeakable Evil nd I want to be Your Class President (Josh Lieb), I am not a Serial Killer (Dan Wells), I am the Messenger (Markus Zusak) 

J-Jimmy Stones Ghost Town (Scott Neumyer), Just Breath (Susan Wiggs),

K-Keeping The Moon (Sarah Dessen)The Kiss of a Stranger (Sarah M. Eden)

L- The Lightening Thief (Rick Riordan), The Lost Saint (Bree Despain), Leaving Paradise (Simone Elkeles), Lock and Key (Sarah Dessen), Last Sacrifice Vampire Academy #6 (Richelle Mead), A Long Way From Chicago (Richard Peck)
M-Miss Delacourt Has Her Day (Heidi Ashworth), Maze Runner (James Dashner), The Mark (Marilyn Bunderson), A Match Made In High School(Kristin Walker), My Invented Life (Lauren Bjorkman), Moneyball (Michael Lewis)

N-Nightshade (Andrea Cremer), The No. 1 Ladies Detective Agency (Alexander McCall Smith),  The Name of The Wind (Patrick Rothfuss)

O-On The Jellicoe Road (Marlena Marchetta)

P-Possession (Elana Johnson), Peeled (Joan Bauer), Perfect Chemistry (Simone Elkeles), Pride and Prejudice(Jane Austen), Psych Major Syndrome (Alicia Thompson)

Q-Queen of Babble in the Big City (Meg Cabot)

R-Reveloution (Jennifer Donnelly)

S-The Sky is Everywhere (Jandy Nelson), Shawshank Redemption (Steven King)Shug (Jenny Han), Secret Society Girl (Diana Peterfreund), Shade (Jeri Smith-Ready), The Sharp Edge of The Knife (D. N. Giles), The Sister Hood of the Traveling Pants (Ann Brashares), The Summer Of Cotton Candy (Debbie Vigue), Sweethearts (Sara Zarr)

T-This Lullaby (Sarah Desson)

U-Uncommon Criminals (Ally Carter)

V-Variant (Robison Wells)

W-With a Name Like Love (Tess Hilmo), Wolves Boys and Other Things That Might Kill Me (Kristen Chandler), Wake Me When It's Over (Robison Wells), What Happened To Goodbye (Sarah Dessen)

X-The Xanadu Adventure (Lloyd Alexander)

Y-A Year Down Yonder (Richard Peck) 

Z-A girl named Zippy (Haven Kimmel)
Finished (edited) Dec 31 2011




No comments: