Friday, May 3, 2013

Reading Report 8

What I read from 
April 18-March 2

 Anna and the French Kiss by Stephanie Perkins
Contemporary YA
Reread this one because I'm hoping to get to meet miss Perkins later this month. Easily one of my favorites books. Stephanie Perkins has a way with words, story telling and wanting after that swoon worthy boy.

 Lola and the Boy Next Door by Stephanie Perkins
Contemporary YA.
Reread. LOVED it just as much the second time. It isn't a series but a companion novel but rest assured the characters you loved from the first you'll see again. I might just love Cricket Bell even more than St. Clair.

Looking for Alaska by John Green
YA.
John Green is more extreme than other YA authors I read, and while I enjoyed his other books this one I didnt love. It was just ok for me. 

The Summer Hideaway (The Lakeshore Chronicles) by Susan Wiggs
Adult romance
This is part of a series and while it could stand alone ok, I felt the relationship didn't feel real enough. I generally really love Wiggs though and this was fun, just wish the relationship actually developed some more.

Dirty Red (Love Me With Lies #2) by Tarryn Fisher
Adult
Not your average book. Tarryn has a knack for writing about the brutal honesty of the dark side of these characters. You gotta read The Opportunist first (be warned it's extreme, language, etc) but book #2 will give you an interesting look into the life of a side character. 

The Hiding Place by Corrie ten Boom, John & Elizabeth Sherrill
Historical, Autobiographical
Read this one for book club. Memoir of Corrie Ten Boom and her family helping others during World War II

No comments: