Wednesday, January 9, 2013

What I read in 2012

A visual review of what I read last year.  In years past I've always had a theme to go along with my readings, (A-Z, local authors, fav genre, a set number to reach, etc). I toyed with a few ideas for this years theme but never specifically decided until about half way through the year.  I looked at what I was reading, and for me, it was stuff out of my comfort zone. Not my normal reads.

So 2012's theme ended up being 'the unexpected'. 

You can see my Goodreads list of 2012 here. You can see some of my thoughts on them there. I'm trying to catch up on my ratings and reviews, I like to let the book settle a little before I rate/review it. 


Or here's a quick glance in descending order: 


1. If You Ask Me by Betty White
2. The Sixty Eight Rooms by Marianne, Malone
3. Happy Accidents by Jane Lynch
4. The Coincidence of Callie and Kayden by Jessica Sorensen
5. Listening is an Act of Love by Dave Isay
6. The Final Piece by Maggi Myers


7. Virtuosity by Jessica Martinez
8. The Joy Luck Club by Amy Tan
9. The Fine Art of Truth or Dare by Melissa Jensen
10. Stories I Only Tell My Friends by Rob Lowe
11. Battle Hymn of the Mother Tiger by Amy Chua
12. Insurgent by Veronica Roth


13. Reached by Ally Condie
14. My Mother Was Nuts by Penny Marshall
15. The Time Travelers Wife by Audrey Niffenegger
16. The Book Theif by Markus Zusak
17. The Epic Tales of a Misfit Hero by Matt Peterson
18. Olives Ocean by Kevin Henkes



19. Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children by Ransom Riggs
20. 13 Little Blue Envelopes by Maureen Johnson
21. Cinder by Marissa Meyer
22. How to Save a Life by Sara Zarr
23. SuperFreakonomics by Steven D. Levitt
24. An Abundance of Katherines by John Green



25. Mistletoe & Margaritas by Shannon Stacey
26. Wolfsbane by Andrea Cremer
27. The Pixar Touch by David A. Price
28. Free Range Kids by Lenore Skenazy
29. Belles by Jen Calonita
30. Objects of my Affection by Jill Smolinski



31. The Wedding Beat by Devan DeSipher
32. City Limits (also named Idle Playgrounds) by Sheralyn Pratt
33. The Summer I Learned to Fly by Dana Reinhardt
34. The Night Circus by Erin Morgenstern
35. I am a Genius of Unspeakable Evil and I Want to Be Your Class President by Josh Lieb
36. Nathan Hale's Hazardous Tales: One Dead Spy by Nathan Hale



37. Penny from Heaven by Jennifer Holm
38. Notes from a Midnight Driver by Jordan Sonnenblick
39. 50 Jobs in 50 States by Daniel Seddiqui
40. Bright Blue Miracle by Becca Wilhite
41. Bittersweet by Sarah Ockler
42. Me and Earl and the Dying Girl by Jesee Andrews



43. The Disenchantments by Nina LaCour
44. We Got To Play Baseball by Gregg Olson
45. What I Didn't Say by Keary Taylor
46. City of Lost Souls by Cassandra Clare
47. Playing the Field by Janette Rallison
48. The Opportunist by Tarryn Fisher




49. When You Reach Me by Rebecca Stead
50. The Lonely Hearts Club by Elizabeth Eulberg
51. The Happiness Project by Gretchen Ruben
52. Second Chance Summer by Morgan Matson
53. Black Heart by Holly Black
54. The Statistical Probability of Love at First Sight by Jennifer E. Smith




55. Geek Charming by Robin Palmer
56. The Fault in Our Stars by John Green
57. Tuesdays at the Castle by Jessica Day George
58. Maze Runner by James Dashner
59. Please Ignore Viera Dietz by A. S. King
60. Twenty Boy Summer by Sarah Ockler




61. Spell Bound by Rachel Hawkins
62. I Believe in Jesus Too by Mark S. Nielsen
63. Grave Mercy by R. L. LaFevers
64. Silence by Becca Fitzpatrick
65. Chain Reaction by Simone Elkeles
66. Girls Don't Fly by Kristen Chandler




67. When You Were Mine by Rebecca Serle
68.Olivia by Julie Wright
69. Midnight in Austenland by Shannon Hale
70. Fireside by Susan Wiggs
71. A Little Bit Wicked by Kristin Chenoweth
72. Paranormalacy by Kiersten White




73. With a Name Like Love by Tess Hilimo
74. Always Looking Up by Michael J. Fox
75. Disney War by James B. Stewart
76. Pandemonium by Lauren Oliver
77. Pride and Prejudice by Jane Austen
78. This Time Together by Carol Burnett




79. Clockwork Prince by Cassandra Clare
80. Simply Irresistible by Jill Shalvis
81. How to Flirt With a Naked Werewolf by Molly Harper
82. Dash and Lily's Book of Dares by Rachel Cohen
83. Sean Griswold's Head by Lindsey Leavitt
84. The Scorpio Races by Maggie Stiefvater




85. Anna Dressed In Blood by Kendare Blake
86.There You'll Find Me by Jenny B Jones
87. Daughter of Smoke and Bone by Laini Taylor
88. Rules of Attraction by Simone Elkeles
89. Trust Me by Rachel Hawthorne
90. Red Glove by Holly Black




91. Why We Broke Up by Daniel Handler
92. Divergent by Veronica Roth


Have you read any of these books?
What did you think?
What was your favorite read of 2012?

Here's my reads in 2011.
Here's what I read in 2010. 


2 comments:

Jenni Elyse said...

Wow! Way to go! I wish I had the time to read that many books in a year. It'd make my TBR list a lot tinier.

From your list, I've read:

. Time Traveler's Wife - eh
. With a Name Like Love - loved it
. Pride & Prejudice - loved it
. Clockwork Prince - loved it; favorite of her books
. Anna Dressed in Blood - loved it

I'm currently reading City of Lost Souls and it's killing me!

My favorite read of 2012 was Everbound. Although I did also love rereading all the Harry Potters. And, I loved The Savage Grace and Pride & Prejudice.

Cranberryfries said...

I love that you reread HP so often. I am collecting a small handful of books that are in my 'if I ever reread' pile. :)