Thursday, April 18, 2013

Reading Report 7

What I read from
April 2-April 17

Before I Fall by Lauren Oliver
Contemporary YA with a splash of fantasy.
Samantha relives her last day over and over seeing everything and everyone in a new perspective.
I really like Oliver's writing style. An interesting look at how everyone has something more going on then you could ever know. 

Ella Enchanted by Gail Carson Levine
Childrens, Middle Grade, Fantasy a twist on the classic fairy tale Cinderella.
Read this with my 9 year old and we both enjoyed it!

Forget You by Jennifer Echols
 YA Contemporary
 Zoey tries to piece together the night of a car accident. 
I've read a few others from Echols and enjoyed them but this one had a pretty weak plot.

It's Not Summer Without You by Jenny Han
YA Contemporary 3 book series (The Summer I Turned Pretty-#1, We'll Always Have Summer-#3)
Belly drops her plans to help her summer friends. I didn't realize I picked this up in the middle of the series but it still worked. 

The Key to the Golden Firebird by Maureen Johnson
Young Adult Contemporary
Mayzie is trying to deal with her Dad's death, the only responsible one in the family, though she soon starts to realize everyone is dealing with it in their own way. An interesting look on losing a parent as a teen.

Uglies by Scott Westerfeld
A 4 book dystopic/sci-fi series (Uglies, Pretties, Specials, Extras)
When you turn 16 the society gives you surgery to take you from ugly to pretty. But Tally is asked to go into The Smoke and be a spy. When she gets there she learns the truth. I had to wait a while to read this until the hype died down, but I'm glad I finally picked it up. I think I'll give #2 a try.

My goal this year is to read 100 books. Right now I'm at 43/100 According to Goodreads that puts me at 14 books ahead of schedule.




No comments: