Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Tarlsscribbles Animation for hire

Do you know anybody who might be thinking this?

Align Center


Cause it just so happens that I know someone who is looking for a good job.

My hubby has been crazy intent on looking for a job the past few weeks. He's been filling out applications by the dozens--and I applaud him, as so many of us know how much of a headache this can be. However last time I looked for a job I wasn't trying to support a family of 5. I can only imagine how much more stress that adds to a person.

If he had it his way he'd join the National Guard and also get a job at a Sheriffs Office. A part of that previous statement I'm more ok with than another. But I see stuff like this and it makes me wish we could just be so lucky that he'd find a job animating or illustrating. (Although with so many things it's who you know not what you know.I wish we knew more of the right people to get us a job.)

My husband is crazy talented and doodles stuff like this all the time (my doodles consistently look worse than my 1st grade daughters).


In that past he's been known to do stuff like this:



So if you've been wondering why I haven't stopped by recently to say hi, it's cause I'm out helping him look for a job. Wish us luck!

21 comments:

Me (aka Danielle) said...

He is indeed, very talented! Has he already applied with all the local police/sheriff agencies. They are one of the only sectors that have continued to hire!

Good luck on the job hunt, that can be so stressful!

Stephanie Faris said...

Has he thought about getting into web design? My sister was an artist and she found out that was where all the money is.

Barbaloot said...

Good luck! Love the President Monson pictures:)

Jenni Elyse said...

Good luck! I know you've been at it for so long and I know he'd love to get a job as an animator. I wish I knew someone too to help him get a job. I'll keep you guys in my thoughts and prayers!

Olivia Carter said...

gosh, I wish I knew someone who knew someone. i know a couple people have mentioned being able to do characatures are birthday parties and fairs. i don't know if that's something he's into but you would post on craigslist and ksl.com

I'll keep my eyes and ears open. Good luck- we'll be saying prayers for you guys!

Kristina P. said...

He is amazing! I wish him the best of luck!

Rochelle Brunson said...

That is truly amazing stuff. Scott works for his brother at an internet marketing company, they used to do this monthly cartoon, but the dude that did it quit. I don't know if they would start it up again or anything, but I will look into it.

The Royal Family said...

good luck its a hard crazy job place out there!

I love the doodles maybe he should draw and paint decor.. I would love some things for my daughter room. Hint hint

Jill Hunt said...

Don't you hate it when you see how talented your husband is but no one else gives them a shot? Good luck Debbie and Tarl. I feel the same way with Paul. He has so much potential but no one will just let him show that. So frustrating!

Kayla said...

Brice just got a new job. Our favorite resource so far was indeed.com all you do is put in the job category you're interested in and a zip code and it will pull up all the avaiable things in the specified area. Good luck we'll keep you in our prayers!

Amber Lynae said...

He really is amazing. Your family is in our thoughts, job searching is one royal pain after another.

Erin said...

Wow, he really is good. Good luck to you!

Rachel Sue said...

I hope you find something soon! That is such a frustrating time. good luck!

Shelle-BlokThoughts said...

Okay he's amazing!!! He is bound to find something, seriously, how awesome!

Brodi Ashton said...

Good luck! I'll tweet about it and remind me to show it on my blog next week.

bro

Victoria said...

Debbie... good luck on the job hunt! And thanks for stopping by to be nice to me on my blog that I haven't posted on in days and days... I have had a discouraging month, and it is much appreciated...

love love love

Unknown said...

He is crazy talented. I hope that he finds something that he loves to do. I wish that I could do what I really wanted, and not what paid the bills!? LOL

Jessica said...

We can't wait till he finds a job and hopefully you guys can be closer we will continue to keep our eyes open

Melanie said...

Best of luck to Tarl and the job hunt. He's an amazing artist. I hope something works out and sooner than later.

Trapped and Screaming said...

I don't know exactly what he is looking for but John says Overstock is hiring for a few things. Go to overstock.com/careers.
Hope that helps.

Little Crazies said...

I love Tarl's 'scribbles' (for me those are work of art) :) i cannot scribble like him if i really wanted. I wish you guys found an awesome job... come join us at FS! i think they're still hiring :)