Saturday, February 16, 2013

Draw, Aim, Release

Hubby and I went to a neighborhood Valentines date night at the indoor archery range. We had a great evening with dinner and chatting and then practicing our aim. 

We all took several rounds and arrows, trading off between a girls line and a guys. At the end the guys stepped out and pinned up seven prize balloons that were just for us ladies to shoot at. Each one had a number and the numbers corresponded to a delicious prize and a secret valentines note. 



I adore my husband. He's a fabulous teacher and cheerleader. He came home bragging to the children that I was such a good shot I won us a prize! I told him it was because he picked me out the arrow with the best fletchings. Kinda makes me want to go back and try it again soon! Pretty darn fun!

5 comments:

Camie Marie said...

Oh...I use to LOVE the archery range - you know, back in highschool when it was an option for P.E. What an awesome Valentine date!! And Congrats on the prize. I'm pretty sure Tarl brought one with him though. ;)

Heidi said...

Fun idea. what did you win?

Jenni Elyse said...

Sounds like a lot of fun! I tried shooting an arrow once when I was younger. It was so hard. Good job for winning a prize!

Cranberryfries said...

@Camie that is awesome that was an option in HS. We had bowling, which I LOVED but never archery.

@Heidi Each of the numbers corresponded our dinner centerpieces. Mine was a huge box of chocolates. Also it was explained that every prize was for the ladies and taped to the prizes were envelopes for the men (that had to be opened at home). It was pretty darn funny! It was such a fun activity!

@Jenni I've only tried one other time a few years ago. It's kinda tricky!

Corine Moore said...

Awesome date! :D Thanks for the inspiration!