Thursday, March 31, 2011

Blogger Meet Up & Blickenstaffs Review

Just a reminder:




On Saturday the Utah Bloggers Meetup held their first social at Blickenstaffs. It's funny that I mainly went to get to socialize with some awesome people but came away with no pictures of the lovely gals I talked to and instead got a billion pictures of the AMAZING store that hosted our gathering.

So hopefully a little shout out to those that came will suffice while I show you pictures of Blickenstaffs.

April (Sweet Life in The Valley), Lindsey (Cafe Johnsonia), Carlee (Living the Scream), Jaimie (Just-Jaimie), Camille (Make It Work Mom), Susan (Freshly Picked), Kim (Kim Orlandini), Nicole (Cute Culture Chick), Karen (Surviving the Etsy Madness), Pamala (French Knots), Lindsey (the r house), Brittany ({Love Stitched}), Leslie (Little Mookie), Liz (Cotton and Curls), Diana (Livy Love), Molly (Fluer de Bee), Sarah (Cable Car Couture) Gayle (Mom and Camera). I know there were other great women there, but I didnt get a chance to meet them all (if you were there let me know though and I'd be happy to include a link to your blog!).

After we were all introduce into the store we were told there were 10 golden eggs hiding somewhere. If we found one, inside was the name of a prize. And check it out! I totally found one. Our host, Kyle, told us that this was their most popular selling game last year. My kids were thrilled I came home with a new game.


You can also find them on Facebook, Twitter, and on their Website.

The store kindly sent us all home with a bag full of our choice of candy (we had SO much to choose from) and believe me when I say my kids were more excited about the bag I was holding than to see me coming home. Haha.



I just had to include this. I didnt actually even ask how much it was since I'm sure it'd be more that $5 :) but if I could afford it, I'd love to get this for my husband!

14 comments:

Kristina P. said...

Looks so fun! Wish I could have been there.

Karen T said...

That meetup was so much fun! You got some great pictures. The train tracks overhead are my favorite. My dad totally got us hooked on model trains as kids. That shark would be a cool conversation piece in your living room! My husband has a 3 or 4 foot Spiderman perched at the top of a shelf in our living room and it just wows all our visitors.

Barbaloot said...

That looks like such a fun store! I want to go there now:)

Unknown said...

It was so much fun to meet you in person, Debbie. You are darling! I have a super cute picture of you and Susan that I need to send your way. So glad you enjoyed yourself. Can't wait for the next one!

Living the Scream said...

it was so much fun chatting with you!

Anonymous said...

I was there but now I feel like a dork since I didn't even meet you. I guess we will have to meet next time for sure! I also came home with spot it. The hubs and I played but I can't wait to play with more people.

Jenni Elyse said...

I'm glad you had a good time. I wish I could've gone. I'm glad that I'll be taking a break during Spring/Summer terms so I can socialize a little bit more. :)

Violet said...

That store looks like an awesome place! Glad you had a fabulous time at the meet-up! :)

Olivia Carter said...

Sounds like a blast! I love that store too!

Tess said...

That is a wonderful and dangerous store! Too much fun :)

Brice said...

Debbie- we totally LOVE that game! My 7 year old beats us every single time!

Heidi said...

That store looks like The Red Balloon that's near our house. Way more fun than your average Walmart, eh? So what did you do at the party ;o)?

TisforTonya said...

and now I need to fit a visit into our next trip up that way... wish I could coordinate my next visit with a bloggy get-together too :)

Unknown said...

Um, duh. How did I not meet you there? Or did I talk to you and not even know it? Boo.