Saturday, March 12, 2011

Weekend made awesome (thanks to the dollar store)

A few weeks ago I had a few awesome finds at the dollar store. It was awesome to help entertain the kids for the weekend.

I found some little masks that came 3 in a pack (I bought 2). I was going to save this for a family night activity but figured they kids would have more fun each getting to do two. Here's a few.


They LOVE craft time, and it's always fun for me to see the cool creations they make.


This was one of my favorites because once I got them home and took off the wrapper I realized they weren't just ordinary dry erase boards but the hook in the back can help it turn into an easel type thing or it can pull all the way up so you can hang it.

Probably my most favorite are these baskets. I actually got the sponges and spray bottles at another store (but they were still $1 or under). I wish they'd had other colors but my kids LOVE these. We've had them for about a month now and it still makes me laugh how much they want (sometimes ask) to clean because that means they get to use their buckets and spray bottles.

Case in point. This is from today.
We like to dance while we clean.

7 comments:

Olivia Carter said...

Ummm... wow- I'm SOLD!

Jenni Elyse said...

How fun! I never thought that little things like these could be so fun for kids!

bedelia said...

I love the dollar store. I mean 90% is junk but that 10% is a lot of fun.

Kristina P. said...

What a great idea! We have the kids I work with do masks, and these would be much cheaper than the ones we buy.

Me (aka Danielle) said...

I love a good trip to the dollar store! Great find!

TisforTonya said...

today is the 1st day of our Spring Break... I need to RUN to the dollar store because the kids are already complaining of boredom!!!

Jamie said...

Proof I need to get to the Dollar Store