Thursday, March 17, 2011

Cranberryfries Cake Contest

Ever since my last cake contest I've been dieing to host another one but wasn't sure what book I wanted to do. Then one night it came to me (an entire year later!). And now I present to you...

Cranberryfries Cake Contest


Instructions:
  • We'll have TWO categories. BOOKS & OTHER
  • Decorate your cake after ANYTHING of your choosing.
  • Send in a picture (or two) of your masterpiece by March 31st to cranberryfries at gmail dot com.
  • Please include your name (or alias) and
  • -the title/author of the book you used for inspiration OR
  • -what theme your cake is (animals, kids, movies, etc)
  • I'll post all the entries on my blog and the voting will open.

Grand Prize: Your pick from my book giveaway pile.
(many are SIGNED! by the author)

Chocolate Never Faileth by Annette Lyon
Just Breathe by Susan Wiggs
Defensive Tactics by Steve Westover
Bumpy Landings by Donald Carey
Shiver by Maggie Stiefvater
The Sapphire Flute by Karen Hoover
Summer In Paris by Michele Ashman Bell
The Hourglass Door by Lisa Mangum
The Diamonds by Ted Michael
Airhead by Meg Cabot
Uglies by Scott Westerfeld
Swoon at Your Own Risk by Sydney Salter
Vampire Academy by Richelle Mead

Those titles that are bolded are SIGNED by the author.

Runner up prize: A small version of my "favorite things" box.
Trust me, I think you'd like it!


--
Rules:
-Anyone can enter! I'd love to have a lot of fabulous ideas/creations to choose from!
-Feel free to use whatever you'd like. This isn't a taste test, so go crazy!
-All photo submissions need to be emailed to me at cranberryfries[at]gmail[dot]com by March 31st, 2011. (Feel free to email a few different angles of your cake.)
-You can submit up to three creations.
-Depending on what I get, I reserve the right to create categories of submissions. (For example, different book genres)

Extras:
-Winner(s) will be notified via email so please be sure I know how to contact you. (Sorry prizes can only be shipped in US and Canada.)
-Winner(s) will be chosen by votes from viewers.
-Winner(s) will be chosen based on how cool your cake is (not how it tastes). Have fun! Be creative!
-I reserve the right to add more prizes to the grab bag as I see fit, and allow the winner(s) to choose from such prizes.

11 comments:

Barbaloot said...

I have zero decorating ability---but I'm definitely looking forward to voting on the entries:)

Christy said...

This looks fun Debbie! Now what to make.

Rochelle Brunson said...

Oh man, I'm in a cake-baking mood!!

Cranberryfries said...

Yahoo! I'm so glad you guys are interested. I was so nervous this morning that no one would want to play. Yay!

@Barabaloot I dont know why but I'm still remembering the pizza you stole out of that guys car. :) Maybe you should decorate a pizza. haha

Kristie said...

Sounds fun. Now what to make. :) Love it!

Jana H. said...

I was going to do a test run for my son's first birthday so now I really have a reason. I am so in!

The Writer said...

Baking... I really should do it more than once a year...

Jessica G. said...

Can we submit a cake that we made a little while ago that fits a book? 'Cuz I got two that were inspired by books, one of them being an actual book.

Olivia Carter said...

Oh man, I've been waiting for this! I'll have to think about it but I'm sure there's SOMETHING I can come up with- though I have a feeling it's not going to be anything great- I'm not a cake decorator & you remember mine from last time- not really decorated :)

Cranberryfries said...

Awesome! Jessica I'll email ya!

RaShelle Workman said...

What a fun idea. I'm thinking. I'm thinking. Got it. K, I'll se about making a cake. LOL